Wednesday 15 October 2014

Prince's Foundation Summer School Day 12 - Stone Masonry


People always say 'save the best for last' and we did. Our final workshop from the series of practical workshops was the stone masonry with Johnny the Stone. I have to say it was the most catching and interesting of them all as it was just unbelievable what you can actually do, the transformation from having a rough cut out of a rock into modelling it into something fragile and insanely beautiful. My stone was quite a rough boy but my intention was to turn it into a mill (inspired by the mill which Allen owned and we used to grind the wheat after building a roof)...which kind of did not happen as it was a lot of work impossible to be completed for a day, but it was almost half way through...
Johnny was and still is one of the most inspirational and fresh people I've met in my life, his energy was just very positively stimulating all of the students.













No comments:

Post a Comment