Monday 29 September 2014

Prince's Foundation Summer School Day 1


This is the beginning of a very invaluable experience in my architectural education and practice. I was honored to get a full scholarship to take part in the Prince's Foundation Summer School 2014 (21.07.2014-09.08.2014). It was the most diverse and vibrant three weeks in which I must admit I learned more than for three years at university. The school was very well divided into three parts. First part (Week 1) was based in London with more theoretical introductions and practical applications. Second part (Week 2) was only practical workshops in Dumfries House Estate, Scotland and part three (Week 3) was a design week. 

The first week we begun with a whole day of lectures and introductions into the classical English architecture. I cannot lie and must say I was very skeptical about it considering my modern views and creative nature. 

We all had to give a quick presentation regarding our backgrounds and experiences.

Day 1 began with a geometry class led by Jon Allen and life drawing class led by Henry Gibbons Guy.










No comments:

Post a Comment